* 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
* 1 1/2 cups white sugar
* 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup water
* 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
* 1/4 cup lemon juice
* 1 dash ground cinnamon
* 2 teaspoons butter
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C.)
2. In a saucepan, combine sugar, flour, salt and water. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly until thick and smooth. Add berries, lemon juice and cinnamon. Cook 5 minutes until mixture is thick and berries pop. Remove from heat and stir in butter.
3. Roll one ball of dough out to fit a 9 inch pie plate. Place bottom crust in pie plate. Spoon in filling. Roll out top crust and cut into strips for lattice. Place lattice strips on top and seal edges.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
Enjoyed this post!!- Subscribe to RSS