- 3 cups Butter
- 5 eggs, beaten well
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 2 cups Raisins
- 1 cup Glace cherries
- 1/3 cup Almonds, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 2 cup Brown sugar
- 2 cups Maida
- 3 cups Currants
- 1 cup Mixed chopped candied peel
- 1/3 cup Almond powder
- 1 tsp Nutmeg powder
- Grated skin and juice of one lemon
1. Cream sugar and butter together till soft and light.
2. Add beaten eggs gradually.
3. Sift maida, nutmeg, cardamom, almon and baking powders together and add gently to butter mixture.
4. Add cleaned dry fruit slowly.
5. Add almonds, lemon peel and juice.
6. Line a cake tin 16 cms to 20 cms in diameter. Bake for 1 hour on high and then for 2 hours in a medium oven.
Enjoyed this post!!- Subscribe to RSS
Tags: Christmas Cake